Traveling by ferry to Contadora is an alternative that many tourists consider when visiting exuberant destinations such as Playa Larga or Playa Cacique .
However, this does not mean that it is the best option… and it is precisely what we are about to analyze.
But before we continue… let’s make the introductions.
I am Marianna Magi (Nana for friends ) and this time I will tell you the truth about a trip to Contadora Island using the ferry as a means of transportation.
… If you want an acepersonalized essay instead of reading the full article, contact me through the WhatsApp button at the bottom…
I will analyze with you the prices, schedules and conditions that are needed to go to the pearl archipelago from Panama using a ferry.
And as a final surprise, I will tell you about more comfortable and safer alternatives than the ferry trip to Contadora Island. Let’s start…
How is the ferry trip to Contadora
It is a sea trip that can last between 1 hour and 30 minutes to 2 hours depending on the characteristics of the crew and weather conditions. You will be accompanied by approximately 20 to 40 people.
The most common route is operated by Ferry Las Perlas , which departs from the Flamenco Marina pier in Panama and reaches Contadora Island. The return route has the same characteristics and distance as it follows the same return pattern.
If you are fond of seascapes and you are not in a hurry to get to Contadora, the ferry is a good alternative.
But if you want the maximum level of comfort and want to get to Contadora Island in less time, there are more efficient options than the ferry and that I will show you later.
Ferry to Contadora price
It is time to know the price range that costs a ticket or ferry ticket that takes you from Panama to Contadora.
Adults will need to purchase a ticket worth $55 one way and $55 return . The value of the ticket for children from 5 to 11 years old is $44. Children from 0 to 4 years old travel for free.
This price may vary slightly depending on the season or the travel package you have previously booked.
In general, you can travel with as much luggage as you want, however, excessively large luggage can incur additional costs.
In order for children from 0 to 4 years old to be exempt from the ticket price, they must be seated on their parents’ lap and their snack is not included.
It is important to note that the ferry that travels to Contadora is not large, so you will not have a large space to walk on a large deck and fully enjoy the sea breeze.
It is more like a bus ride than a ride on a larger deck boat.
Ferry time counter
One of the aspects that may concern most tourists who want to visit the Las Perlas archipelago is the ferry schedule.
- The ferry travels Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- The departure time is at 7:30 am from Panama to Contadora, but I recommend you to be at least one hour before to buy your ticket and reserve your seats.
- The return trip from Playa Larga in Contadora to Panama is at 3:30 pm and it is also recommended to be there 60 minutes before to organize everything.
- If you want to spend a day in Contadora then you must plan your itinerary to enjoy from 9:00 am (arrival time) until 2:30 pm (meeting time for departure).
Advantages of the ferry to accountant
The ferry to Contadora is a means of transport that has been operating for a long time and transporting people to the island.
Here are the advantages of using this means of transport to Contadora on your next trip:
- Price: When comparing it with other means of transportation to Contadora Island in Las Perlas, you will realize that it is cheaper.
- Sea view: On your 1 hour and a half tour you will be able to see the seascape, both in the morning and at sunset.
Disadvantages of the Ferry to accountant
Not everything is rosy when using the ferry as a means of transportation to Contadora. I am going to describe some points against you that you can experience if you embark on this ferry:
- Slower trip: The trip to Contadora by ferry can take up to 2 hours, which takes away from your fun time on the island.
- Restricted hours: The days and hours of the ferry trip are very specific and limited, which makes it difficult to carry out your plans.
- Possible crowds: A larger number of people usually travel by ferry compared to other alternatives such as a private flight. This increases the risk of contagion of respiratory diseases.
- You can run out of seats: Being a transport that travels once a day and with limited seats, it is easy to run out of vacant seats if you arrive late at the port.
- No exclusive services: The ferry to Contadora is a popular service without exclusive amenities and personalized attention to enjoy.
Other travel options to avoid using the ferry to Contadora
Analyzing the characteristics of a trip to Contadora using the ferry, you will realize that there are a number of disadvantages that make it far from being the best option.
But then , what other alternatives are there to go to Contadora from Panama?
After studying the options the answer is simple:
A trip on a private plane…
Through a charter flight to Contadora you have the opportunity to plan your itinerary in a personalized way.
Without strict schedules, without the risk of running out of a ticket, and with all the comforts that a private service offers you.
If you want to enjoy an extraordinary vacation in Contadora without any complications, a private flight is your best option.
Advantages of a flight to Contadora
I want to summarize the advantages that you can enjoy when boarding an aircraft from Panama to Contadora:
- A shorter trip: In less than 20 minutes you will already be enjoying the landscape and the charms of Contadora Island.
- Flexible schedules: The schedules for private flights to the accountant are more comfortable and adjust to your needs.
- Less crowding: You can travel with your family and friends, or on a shared flight with few people, avoiding crowds.
- Greater comfort: The attentions and comforts that you enjoy during a charter flight to Contadora are incomparable and make you want to repeat the experience.
You already know the ins and outs of a ferry trip to Contadora . What are you thinking to do? Do you dare or pass? If you want personalized advice on more travel options to Contadora Island… Contact me .